Malaysia My Second Home - MM2H
What is the Malaysia My Second Home program?
Malaysia My Second Home Programme is promoted by the Government of Malaysia to
allow foreigners who fulfill certain criteria, to stay in Malaysia for as long as possible on a multiple-entry
social visit pass.
The Social Visit Pass is initially for a period of ten (10) years, and is renewable.
One of the country's most unique features is its rich diversity of cultures. The
population of Malaysia totalled 26,920,000 as at December 2006. Malays (which make up 57% of the population),
Chinese, Indians and other ethnic groups live harmoniously together and are free to practice their religions.
Although Bahasa Malaysia is the national language, English is widely spoken throughout the country.
Malaysia offers a comfortable living environment with...(more)
It is open to all citizens of countries recognized
by Malaysia regardless of race, religion, gender or age. Applicants are allowed to bring along their spouse and
children (below 18 years old who is not married).
Successful applicants required to comply with the following financial criteria upon receipt of the ‘conditional
approval letter’ from Malaysia Immigration Department.
i) Aged Below 50 years old
• Open a fixed deposit account of RM300,000.
• After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to RM240,000 for approved expenses relating to house
purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes.
• Must maintain a minimum balance of RM60,000 from second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this
ii) Aged 50 years and above
• Can either choose to :
- Open a fixed deposit account of RM150,000 OR
- Show proof of monthly off-shore income of RM10,000 such as pension scheme.
• Participants who fulfills the fixed deposit criteria :
- May withdraw up to RM90,000 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia
and medical purposes after a period of one year.
- Must maintain a minimum balance of RM60,000 from the second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under
It is said that Taiping is an ideal town for retiree. The reasons being not only for
less expensive to live, all required amenities such as General Hospital, Immigration, government offices, club
house, lake garden, hill resort, schools, just name a few. All are situated within 10 km radius.
Top of page