Taiping Heritage

Tin Mining

Si Larut was Che Long Jaafar’s pet elephant which was brought to Bukit Gantang from Lubok Merbau in Kuala Kangsar. Tales and legends have it that not long after staying in Bukit Gantang. The elephant went missing for three days. Once found, Che Long Jaafar was surprised to find Si Larut was covered with hard mud. He decided to investigate the muddy lumps…more

Tekah Airport

Tekah airport was built in 1929, the first airport not only in Federated Malay States but also in South East Asia. Taiping airport is located at Tekah, Thomson Road in Taiping. Also known as Taiping Airport.

Taiping airport was serving as a commercial airport for the use of the British officers and European merchants. Taiping airport also served as the airstrip for the Royal Malayans Air Force (RMF). Until the second world war ended in 1945, the airport served short distance destinations to Alor Star, Kuala Lumpur and Penang. It was also… more

Bukit Larut

formerly known as Maxwell Hill, is the oldest Hill Resort in Malaysia. It was founded approximately 120 years ago and named after George Maxwell, a British Resident of Perak. Currently, Land Rover service is the only transport service … more