Taiping Lake Gardens
- "The lake may be
man-made, the remnants of a mining pool, but it has been expertly shaped and landscaped into grounds that are
so scenic they take your breath away."
- "Some of the trees even appear
as though they are part of an enchanted, petrified forest. There was this one tree that looked like a resting
stag with branches growing out of its head."
- "When we looked out across the lake, what we saw made us feel
we were a million miles away from the world of rush-hour traffic and the urban crawl."
- "There was the tranquil, shimmering body of water, beyond which was the
gorgeous Garden with its clusters of tall, rust-leafed trees, and beyond this was the magnificent blue-green
mountains of the Bintang range. Perfect."
I have been to quite a few parks and gardens in my time,
and I dare say that the scenic beauty of the Taiping Lake Garden is on par with some of the best in the
world. And it is right here in our own backyard, too.
The Star, Life Travel - KIMMY FAM
- “I know of no more lovely sight in this country than the Taiping gardens when
the rays of the early morning sun are shining obliquely through their clumps of bamboo, palms and isolated
trees scattered on islands among the expanse of water. One receives in that glorious half hour an experience of
light in foliage that is quite unobtainable in England”.
- A Journal in the Federal Capital, by George L. Peet who had visited Taiping in
Taiping Lake Gardens in Google Street View