WCE aka Taiping-Banting Highway Progress Status
(Project Updates – Partly Completed & Opened to Traffic)
10 Dec 2019, WCE Section 5 FHR2/NKVE – NNKSB – Kapar Interchange opened.
- FHR2 Interchange – EXIT 3207C Linkage to Federal Highway Route 2 – to Klang, Bukit Raja & Shah Alam
- NNKSB1 Interchange – EXIT 3207B Linkage to NNKSB & NKVE – to Bukit Raja, Klang & Pelabuhan Klang
- NNKSB2 Interchange – EXIT 3207A Linkage to NNKSB & Federal Route 3217 – to Jalan Perindustrian Kapar–Meru – Kapar, Meru, Setia Alam
- Kapar Interchange – EXIT 3208 Linkage to Federal Route 3217- to Jalan Perindustrian Kapar–Meru – Kapar, Meru, Setia Alam
Section 4 of the WCE is targeted to be opened by the first half of this year, followed by Sections 1,2, 3 and 6 in 2021, and lastly, Sections 7 and 11 in 2022. Read more about the latest updates from WCE …
WCE Taiping – Banting Highway Jul-2021 *SouthernCorridorMalaysia
23 Sep 2019, WCE Sections 9 and 10 between Kampung Lekir and Beruas opened.
- Kg Lekir Interchange – EXIT 3230 Linkage to Federal Route 5 to Kg Batu 11 Lekir
- Sitiawan Interchange – EXIT 3231 Linkage to Sitiawan (Kg Koh, Pasir Panjang)
- Sitiawan North Interchange – EXIT 3232 Linkage – to Sitiawan, Ayer Tawar, Seri Manjung, Lumut, Pelabuhan Lumut Port, Pulau Pangkor Beach
- Changkat Cermin Interchange – EXIT 3233 Linkage to Air Tawar, Bota, Seri Iskandar, Batu Gajah, Ipoh & Pantai Remis
- Bruas Interchange – EXIT 3235 Linkage to Federal Route 73 to Pantai Remis, Parit, K. Kangsar, Batu Gajah, Bruas, Trong & Taiping
31 May 2019, WCE Hutan Melintang interchange and Teluk Intan interchange opened.
- Hutang Melintang Interchange – EXIT 3222 Linkage to Hutan Melintang, Bagan Datuk, Jalan Sungai Samak & Kampung Sungai Samak
- Teluk Intan Interchange – EXIT 3223 Linkage to Hutan Melintang, Bagan Datuk, Teluk Intan & Bidor
Persimpangan FHR2 Link to Federal Highway Jun-2021
Jambatan Sultan Yusuf | Teluk Intan, Perak | November 2020
New Timeline for Completion (2021)
The percentage of actual progress of construction work in Section 11 for the period ending July 25, this year was 51.55 per cent compared to the expected schedule of 99.30 per cent, due to poor performance of the contractor. Read more…
The Selangor State Legislative Assembly was today told the route of the West Coast Expressway (WCE) in the state would be completed in 2024, a slight delay from the initial projection. Read more…
25 May 2014, The groundbreaking ceremony was held near Teluk Intan interchange, the construction of the new West Coast Expressway began.