WCE aka Taiping-Banting Highway Progress Status
(Project Updates – Partly Completed & Opened to Traffic)
10 Dec 2019, WCE Section 5 FHR2/NKVE – NNKSB – Kapar Interchange opened.
- FHR2 Interchange – EXIT 3207C Linkage to Federal Highway Route 2 – to Klang, Bukit Raja & Shah Alam
- NNKSB1 Interchange – EXIT 3207B Linkage to NNKSB & NKVE – to Bukit Raja, Klang & Pelabuhan Klang
- NNKSB2 Interchange – EXIT 3207A Linkage to NNKSB & Federal Route 3217 – to Jalan Perindustrian Kapar–Meru – Kapar, Meru, Setia Alam
- Kapar Interchange – EXIT 3208 Linkage to Federal Route 3217- to Jalan Perindustrian Kapar–Meru – Kapar, Meru, Setia Alam
Section 4 of the WCE is targeted to be opened by the first half of this year, followed by Sections 1,2, 3 and 6 in 2021, and lastly, Sections 7 and 11 in 2022. Read more about the latest updates from WCE …
WCE Taiping – Banting Highway Jul-2021 *SouthernCorridorMalaysia
23 Sep 2019, WCE Sections 9 and 10 between Kampung Lekir and Beruas opened.
- Kg Lekir Interchange – EXIT 3230 Linkage to Federal Route 5 to Kg Batu 11 Lekir
- Sitiawan Interchange – EXIT 3231 Linkage to Sitiawan (Kg Koh, Pasir Panjang)
- Sitiawan North Interchange – EXIT 3232 Linkage – to Sitiawan, Ayer Tawar, Seri Manjung, Lumut, Pelabuhan Lumut Port, Pulau Pangkor Beach
- Changkat Cermin Interchange – EXIT 3233 Linkage to Air Tawar, Bota, Seri Iskandar, Batu Gajah, Ipoh & Pantai Remis
- Bruas Interchange – EXIT 3235 Linkage to Federal Route 73 to Pantai Remis, Parit, K. Kangsar, Batu Gajah, Bruas, Trong & Taiping
31 May 2019, WCE Hutan Melintang interchange and Teluk Intan interchange opened.
- Hutang Melintang Interchange – EXIT 3222 Linkage to Hutan Melintang, Bagan Datuk, Jalan Sungai Samak & Kampung Sungai Samak
- Teluk Intan Interchange – EXIT 3223 Linkage to Hutan Melintang, Bagan Datuk, Teluk Intan & Bidor
Persimpangan FHR2 Link to Federal Highway Jun-2021
Sultan Yusuf Bridge | Teluk Intan, Perak | June 2022
New Timeline (2021) for Completion
The percentage of actual progress of construction work in Section 11 for the period ending July 25, this year was 51.55 per cent compared to the expected schedule of 99.30 per cent, due to poor performance of the contractor. Read more…
WCE Perak Alignment Status Aug-2022
|WCE Perak Alignment Status 2022-May|
|Section 8 –
|Section 9 –
|Section 10 –
|Section 11 –
WCE Taiping (Changkat Jering) to Trong, Perak | Jul-2022
WCE Taiping (Changkat Jering) to Teluk Intan, Perak | Jan-2022
The Selangor State Legislative Assembly was today told the route of the West Coast Expressway (WCE) in the state would be completed in 2024, a slight delay from the initial projection. Read more…
WCE Selangor Alignment Status Aug-2022
|WCE Selangor Alignment Status|
|Section 1 –
|Section 2 –
|Section 3 –
|Section 4 –
|Section 5 –
|Section 6 –
|Section 7 –
E32 – WCE Part 6 | Shah Alam – Kampung Jawa – Johan Setia | Mar-2022
WCE Update Johan setia – Selangor ( February 2022 )
*SZ – Eagle Eye Studiors
Portion of West Coast Expressway only to be completed in 3 years
A PORTION of the West Coast Expressway (WCE) project is expected to only be completed in the next three years due to problems faced by appointed contractors and land acquisition issues.
Works Minister Fadillah Yusof said his ministry is aware of the problems faced and has taken appropriate measures, including changing the alignment of the project.
“For the land acquisition process, as we know, it is not under our (ministry’s) control but under the state government. They have had to settle a lot of things. When the land is not ready, the project cannot be carried out,” he said after officiating at the 2022 Malaysia Public Works Department Senior Officials’ Conference today.
“So I expect a portion of the WCE to only be completed three years from now.”
He also said the contractor is facing some technical problems at a section of the WCE alignment from Tanjong Karang-Sabak Bernam, Selangor and subsequently, IJM Corporation Bhd took over the project.
It has been reported that based on the original schedule, the WCE project is expected to be completed by the end of 2022 or early 2023, but there are some delays due to land acquisition issues and new alignments in certain areas. – Bernama, June 21, 2022.
21 Jun 2022 TheMalaysianInsight
25 May 2014, The groundbreaking ceremony was held near Teluk Intan interchange, the construction of the new West Coast Expressway began.