KL to Taiping Transport
There are many alternative routes from Kuala Lumpur to Taiping:
From KLIA, ERL (Express Rail Link between KLIA and KL Sentral) is the fastest mode of transport to travel to Kuala Lumpur City Center. Then continue by KTM / ETS train will able to reach Taiping station in approximately 3.5 hours journey. Alternatively, take AeroBus from KLIA2 to TBS Integrated Bus Terminal in Bandar Tasik Selatan, change bus to Taiping – Kamunting Bus Terminal.
- North-south Highway [AH2] via Rawang – Tapah – Ipoh – Taiping > Travel time: 3 hrs
- Old Trunk Road via Jalan Ipoh – Rawang – Tanjung Malim – Ipoh – K. Kangsar – Taiping > Travel time: 5 hrs
- Coastal Road via Klang – Kuala Selangor – Lumut – Taiping > Travel time: 5 hrs
KLIA Ekspres (ERL) – KLIA <to/from> KL Sentral Schedule Times at 15 / 20 interval
First / Last Train: 04:55 / 00:55 (KLIA2) > 05:00 / 01:00 (KLIA) > 05:28 / 01:28 (KL Sentral)
First / Last Train: 05:00 / 00:40 (KL Sentral) > 05:30 / 01:10 (KLIA) > 05:33 / 01:13 (KLIA2)
Note: Passengers are required to change train at KL Sentral
KTM / ETS via KL Sentral to Taiping
Train departure KL Sentral daily at 07:00 / 10:04 / 10:55 / 11:25 / 14:40 / 17:34 / 18:00 / 20:40 / 21:50 / 23:30
KL Sentral to Taiping by ETS train takes approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes.
By Bus via the following locations and routes:
- TBS – Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (integrated bus terminal) in Salak South (Southern Bus Terminal)
- Hentian Duta Bus Terminal (Northern Bus Terminal)
- KLIA2 to Medan Simpang Bus Terminal
- KLIA2 to KL Sentral by AeroBus, then by northbound ETS train.
KL Sentral Transit Hub
1. TBS – Terminal Bersepadu Selatan in Salak South, KL
2. Hentian Duta Bus Terminal, KL
Transport Terminals in Taiping
There are several public transport terminals in Taiping area, namely
- Kamunting Express Bus Terminal with Long Distance Buses running in between Taiping and various destinations in Peninsular Malaysia.
- Taiping Bus Terminal provides bus services in between Taiping Town and various destinations within Perak State and nearby township, such as Kuala Sepetang (Port Weld), Bruas, Kuala Kangsar, Pantai Remis, Kamunting and Terminal AmanJaya / Terminal Kidd in Ipoh.
- Medan Simpang Bus Terminal is served by Bus Operators such as StarMart Express, KBES running in between Simpang (Taiping) and Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS), KLIA2 and other destinations.
- KTM Railway Station with ETS and Commuter Trains connecting passengers to Padang Besar at the North-most of peninsular and Johor Bahru at the South-most.
A. Kamunting Express Bus Terminal
This the the main Bus Terminal with Long Distance Buses running in between Taiping and various destinations in Peninsular Malaysia. Buses from TBS and Hentian Duta arrive here via Taiping Utara exit.
B. Taiping Bus Terminal
The Bus Terminal has Buses running in between Taiping Town and various destinations within Perak State and nearby township, such as Kuala Sepetang, Bruas, Kuala Kangsa, Pantai Remis, Kamunting and Terminal AmanJaya / Terminal Kidd in Ipoh.
C. Medan Simpang Bus Terminal
The Bus Terminal is served by Bus Operators such as StarMart Express, KBES running in between Simpang (Taiping) and Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS), KLIA2 and other destinations.